Town of Vail takes measures to implement Eagle County order limiting public gatherings
The Town of Vail is taking immediate measures to implement the Standing Public Health Order Related to Events issued by Eagle County Department of Health & Environment to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus in our community.
We are adjusting our protocols that will emphasize social distancing practices in our day-to-day municipal operations and will be canceling and/or adjusting public gatherings according to the standing order. We ask that you conduct as much business with the Town of Vail as possible via phone and/or online services. Operational changes include the following:
- Community Development Building (west side) is closed to the public. This includes access to Planning, Permitting and Building divisions, plus Environmental, Economic Development and Housing Department functions. All development applications will continue to be processed in a timely manner. The Issuance of permits and permit payment will be accepted by appointment only by contacting Shelley Bellm by phone or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org. To request building inspections, please email email@example.com.
For urgent matters, please contact the following:
- Community Development
Matt Gennett, Director of Community Development
970-479-2146 or 970-343-2767
Shelley Bellm, Office Manager
970-479-2325 or 970-390-0417
Kristen Bertuglia, Environmental Sustainability Director
970-477-3455 or 720-281-2447
Pete Wadden, Water Quality
Beth Markham, Environmental Sustainability Coordinator
- Economic Development
Mia Vlaar, Economic Development Director
Jeremy Gross, Special Events Coordinator
Liz Gladitsch, Marketing Coordinator
- Housing Department
George Ruther, Housing Director
Lynne Campbell, Housing Coordinator
- Municipal Building (east side) is open to the public with limited services. This includes access to the Police Front Counter; other services are to be determined. Please call ahead at 970-479-2100 to confirm and make every effort to conduct your business online at www.vailgov.com
- Vail Public Library is open with current operating hours; however, all gatherings (meetings, classes, programs, story hours) are suspended. Call the library at 970-479-2187 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions. www.vaillibrary.com
- Vail Welcome Centers in Vail Village and Lionshead are open to the public daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call the centers with your questions at 970-477-3522 or email email@example.com.
- Parking and Transit operations are continuing with modifications TBD.
- Vail Fire Stations are closed to public access. Vail Fire personnel will not be attending public events. Fire permit inspections will resume on a limited basis the week of March 16. Members of the public with questions are asked to call Vail Fire at 970-479-2250 or email Fire Chief Mark Novak firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your patience as we continue to evaluate this situation and make decisions in the interest of keeping our community safe. We will update this information as circumstances change. If you have questions about COVID-19, call the CO HELP Hotline at 1-877-462-2911. For local updates, visit www.ECEmergency.org.